Kindergarten Program Skip to main content

Kindergarten Program

Welcome to Bulloch County Schools.

If you need to register your child for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year,  registration is open, and it occurs online. You may use our Register for School link now.  We encourage you to register your child prior to the first day of school, which is Monday, August 2, 2021.

Please Note: If your child is enrolled in a Bulloch County Schools Pre-Kindergarten classroom, You do not need to register your child for kindergarten unless your child will be attending a different school than where he/she attended Pre-kindergarten.

Register at your zoned school

If you are unable to register online, you may contact our schools to make an appointment to register all of your children at your oldest child's zoned school. We have computer kiosks for your use. 

  • Schools can only accept a limited number of appointments.
  • Register soon. Demand for office appointments increases in July.
  • Elementary and middle school offices are open for appointments throughout the school year. For upcoming school years, school offices are open during the summer through the second week of June, and then they reopen again the second week of July, prior to school starting in August.
  • High school offices are open throughout the summer.
  • Your child does not need to be present during registration.
  • Please limit the number of people who accompany you to our offices at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if my child is eligible for Kindergarten?

In accordance with state guidelines, a child is eligible to attend Kindergarten in Bulloch County for the 2021-2022 school year if the child will be five-years-old by September 1, 2021, and the legal, custodial parents/guardians are residents of Bulloch County. 

What do I need to register my child for Kindergarten?

For your convenience, this is a Registration Checklist of Required Documents. It will help you gather the appropriate forms of identification for you and your child. Falsification of any information or document required for residency verification or the use of the address of another person without actually residing there may result in the following: a.) revocation of student enrollment, b.) being held liable to reimburse the district for expenses incurred to educate student(s), c.) civil action for fraud, negligent misrepresentation and negligence.

My child is enrolled in Bulloch County Schools’ Pre-Kindergarten Program. Do I still register my child for Kindergarten?

If your child is enrolled in a Bulloch County Schools Pre-Kindergarten classroom, you do not need to register your child for kindergarten, unless your child will be attending a different school than where he or she now attends Pre-Kindergarten.

My child attended Pre-Kindergarten at a school that was not our attendance zoned elementary school. What should I do?

Your child will not automatically be enrolled in that out-of-zone school's Kindergarten classes. You will need to register your child for Kindergarten at your zoned elementary school. If there is space at the out-of-zone school, and you and you would like to apply for School Choice Privilege at that school, the application window for these requests is open online each May. Previously, for School Choice Privilege requests for Kindergarten students, parents had to wait 10 days after the school year began to apply for school choice transfers; however, now these requests should submitted online during the annual School Choice Privilege window.

What if we move after I register my child or anytime during the school year?

Once a student is enrolled in a Bulloch County school and you change residences within the county at any time during the year, the parent or legal guardian must complete an Address Verification Form.  Schools must have this form before changing any addresses on a student.